counter customizable free hit WAUGHSHAPPENING: seed of buddy

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

seed of buddy

I was having a conversation with a co-worker the other day when I let it slip that as a child, and still sometimes today, I am afraid of dolls. This was mostly due to scary movies I saw that dipicted dolls ripping the heads off their owners or hiding under the stairs and looking all china painted and creepy. I began to reflect on the "My Buddy" dolls that were popular in the 90's. The commercial played a very happy though androgynous tune while an 8 year boy old danced around his garden dragging this large headed scary looking doll behind him. Seriously, is this not fucking weird?

My Buddy, not to be confused with Chucky, the angelic cabbage faced toy known for his comedic timing and affinity for horrific torture and bloody murder.


Having had three brothers and being a tom-boy myself, our house was not the most well known for having dolls of any type. My little brother did have a doll once, but it was the coolest doll EVER. It was a home made Mr. T Cabbage Patch doll.

When I was researching this post I was delighted to actually find a picture of one. In fact I found an entire patch of Mr. T's!!


1 Comments:

At 7:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dont forget about My Buddies sibling, Kid Sister.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home